Financial Controller - Manufacturing
Join a rapidly-growing company with rapid growth into executive leadership role
Ability to take full control of accounting controls and implement new processes
About Our Client
This company is a rapidly growing and a well-respected respected business that has been operating in the Chicagoland area for a number of years. They have recently seen significant growth over the past 5 years, and are a market leader in their specialized space. This is a great opportunity to join a unique company that has seen continued success
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Financial/management accounting and reporting, with an emphasis on accurate, timely information every month.
- Responsible for all monthly and quarter end closing activities including journal entries, balance sheet and income statement variance analysis and reporting, compliance reporting and account reconciliation review.
- Serve as lead for developing, implementing, and maintaining internal controls to increase efficiency.
- Development and monitoring of cost management/cost reduction strategies with plant management
- Variance analyses; including identification of business and cost trends, and recommendations for cost control, operational changes, etc.
- Team leader for annual capital and operating budget preparation/submission along with appropriate variance analyses and other supporting details as may be required.
- Manage financial forecasting process
- Product line profitability analysis and review
- Journal entries and purchase requisitions
- Timely submission of bridges, key performance indicators, forecasts, efficiency cost reporting, and all other plant requirements
- Inventory control management including coordination of physical and cycle counts, resolution of problem areas and maintenance of procedures
- Support the capital appropriation process including expenditure tracking development of return of investment
- Establish and maintain effective internal accounting controls over all plant assets
- Manage and mentor a staff of 4
- Fixed asset and spare parts accounting
- Close coordination with purchasing functions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree focused in Accounting/Finance
- 3+ years' as Accounting Manager/Controller in manufacturing company
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in public accounting firm
What's on Offer
Compensation is dependent on relative experience