- Rapidly expanding, real estate investment organization
- Excellent opportunity for career growth
About Our Client
Rapidly expanding, real estate investment organization
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day accounting, financial reporting and cash management functions.This includes property level, investor level and management company entities.
- Direct and supervise monthly and annual financial reporting to our institutional equity partners and lenders
- Facilitate the completion of the annual audits including company year-end financial statement audits,compliance audits and join venture audits
- Oversee and review monthly financial statements and workbooks prepared by third party administrators, by verifying accuracy and completeness of balance sheet items (cash, investments,acquisition costs, financing), income statement (rental income, operating expenses, depreciation and amortization), statement of cash flows and statement of partner's capital
- Calculate GP Fund cash needs for determining investor-level capital calls and distributions by performing detailed analyses and coordinating directly with the acquisitions team
- Prepare investor allocations, capital call notices and distribution notices through the Juniper Square platform
- Review of monthly draw requests including analyzing budget vs. actual results and reviewing them with the construction management and property management teams
- Review of acquisition and disposition closing statement and related documents as well as work with lenders on the closing process of an acquisition or refinancing
- Coordinate with 3rd parties to prepare purchase price allocations and cost segregation analyses
- Oversee processing, reviewing, coding, tracking, and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects, and ensure that construction draw schedules are updated.
- Prepare and maintain joint venture and lender requirement summaries by reviewing joint venture and loan agreements
- Lead firm initiatives around implementing a new accounting system (MRI)
- Actively participate in the human resource strategies
- Oversee and respond to investor ad-hoc requests when necessary
- Create and maintain accounting policies and procedures geared to enhance internal controls, improve operating efficiencies, and ensure accuracy of financial reports.
- Development of a cash management program to monitor and report cash flows on a budget, actual and forecasted basis.
- Supervise the maintenance of adequate risk and liability insurance.
- Oversee any and all financial aspects of Human Resources including payroll, reviewing benefits options, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years in public accounting, ideally with real estate clientele and 2+ years of accounting experience at a developer/owner/operator of real estate assets.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and / or MRI preferred
- Experience working in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, closely held commercial real estate developer and owner/operator is preferred.
- Experience with the oversight of financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, cash management, cost control, treasury, risk management and tax strategies, specifically within a real estate framework.
- Experience with the design and implementation of internal controls and accounting systems.
- Proactive with issues and highly responsive to management. Must have experience working under pressure with various projects and deadlines, while reporting effectively and in a timely manner to senior management.
- Strong management and team-building skills, with the ability to create/hire, lead, manage, and develop a professional staff and achieve a high level of performance.
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation package