- Well known Retail business based in Manhattan
- Are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team
About Our Client
A well known, rapidly growing Retail business
The role will involve:
- Oversees all accounting functions, payroll, general accounting, accounts payable, disbursements, and sales audit//inventory financial control.
- Hires, trains, and retains skilled accounting staff, as directed.
- Develops and implements all accounting policies and procedures.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Manages periodic/monthly close, including preparation of relevant management (internal) reports.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP, bank, and regulatory requirements.
- Defines, communicates, and ensures adherence to company policies, procedures and standards, and controls.
- Liaises with a public accounting firm; manages annual audits, tax filings, and sales & use tax filings.
- Reviews accounting implications of special projects and new value creation opportunities.
- Responsible for the coordination of external auditors and tax consultants to ensure timely completion of audited financial statements and tax compliance.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain monthly accounting reconciliation and financial reporting standards
- Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Evaluates accounting and internal control systems and the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Provide accounting support on the GL structure of ERP implementation.
- Participates in the development of periodic financial forecasts.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Experience in leading accounting teams, preferably in a multi-brand retail environment.
- Possesses an excellent technical foundation in accounting with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Effectively communicates and presents information clearly to all levels and functions in the organization in both written and verbal form.
- Comfortable getting into the details yet can also see things from a broad business perspective.
- Understands the role the Controller must play in the organization.
- Has experience selecting and installing accounting systems.
- Has proven ability to attract, motivate, and retain exceptional professionals.
- Possesses the analytical skills to think a problem through to its lowest common denominator.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package