- Great opportunity at a leading banking institution.
- Offers growth in a competitive field.
About Our Client
Michael Page is hiring a Finance Product Controller VP for a corporate and investment bank.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Daily production of Balance Sheet Reconciliation and monitoring of key controls.
* Monthly reconciliation of Finance to MARPL P&L.
* Identification and resolution of balance sheet breaks between general ledger and sub-ledger systems.
* Ensure data quality and integrity review of downstream Regulatory Reporting feeds.
* Work closely with colleagues across the Business to utilize reconciliation tools and other control procedures to identify and resolve trade/position/P&L discrepancies in a timely manner. Escalate issues as necessary with effective, clear, and concise communication to management.
* Preparation, posting and review of manual journal entries to clear daily balance sheet breaks as well as to close the books at period end (monthly and quarterly).
* Provide Account Certification of quarter-end general ledger balances.
* Maintenance of the general ledger and mapping tables.
* Specification of appropriate accounting rules in the sub-systems for new products to ensure proper postings to the general ledger.
* Continuous update of Policy/Procedure documents for the Product Control group.
* Develop, maintain and update front to back process and controls documentation covering data flow from trade capture through settlement. This includes development of process mapping or flow charts, as well as supporting policy and procedure initiatives.
Monitor control deficiencies and other areas of improvement, assess their severity, work with stakeholders, and propose effective control enhancements to prevent future reoccurrence.
* Actively work to reduce manual Journal Entries.
* Implement effective process controls and process re-engineering to improve inefficiencies.
* Participate in the interpretation and implementation of new regulatory requirements and accounting standards.
* Ad hoc requests from internal business and other internal clients. This requires close liaison with Front Office, MARPL, Operations, and other trade support teams.
* Provide support for any external or internal audit review and ensure coordination of timely, quality assured responses for regulatory and audit exams.
* Participate in cross-functional training to ensure adequate coverage. Product Controller will be required to back-up, fill in, or otherwise support other team members in addition to participating in transverse projects.
* Manage/participate in key cross-functional projects (control enhancements, process automation, system implementations).
* Strong interest in process improvement, automation, and system enhancement. Support and actively participate in key business initiatives by delivering substantive and meaningful contribution.
* Identify, validate, and implement further strategic opportunities to enhance data quality. Communicating, monitoring and following up on key issues is critical. This requires close working relationships with Data Quality, Technology, Front Office, Operations, and other related Business Functions.
* Generate Business Requirements and Test Cases and execute User Acceptance Testing to ensure new technology delivers functions as expected.
* Overhaul manual reconciliation processes by simplifying and automating procedures, reducing spreadsheets, and developing clear and comprehensive supporting documentation that validate all balance sheet accounts.
* Develop daily and monthly reporting analytics and provide relevant analyses and commentary to explain position/P&L changes.
* Participate in the identification and/or development of technology to support new and existing business processes.
* Interact with internal and external auditors, as well as regulatory teams
The Successful Applicant
The role requires a good technical skill set with the ability to translate commercial business transactions to the correct accounting treatment followed up by adequate and appropriate substantiation of the balances.
What's on Offer
- Growth opportunity