Financial Reporting Specialist
A dynamic environment with the opportunity to advance
Join a team that believes their people are their most valuable asset.
About Our Client
A reputable financial services and banking company looking to hire a Senior Accountant or Financial Reporting Specialist to join our Financial Reporting team in our New York office.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Prepare monthly financial statement information for the US broker dealer and shared services company
- Perform monthly close functions for US GAAP, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Perform monthly analysis of P&L and balance sheet variances and budget vs. actual variances.
- Prepare monthly intercompany analysis
- Prepare quarterly reporting packages for overseas office
- Assist in providing information for the budget
- Prepare tax related schedules and monthly tax provisions
- Assist in quarterly review and analytics with auditors
- Prepare balance sheet analysis and substantiation
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- Public and/or private experience
- Financial services experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
What's on Offer
- career growth
- incredible leadership
- competitive salary