Financial Reporting/Legal Entity Control Senior Manager
One of the largest international banks
Great benefits and perks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest international banks
- Responsible for managing the financial close and financial statement preparation process from inception through to external audit. The position will be responsible for assisting in establishing the foundation for the function. This includes serving as a key project resource on the inaugural external audit and transitioning into business as usual responsibilities. Establish and manage the month-end and quarter-end financial accounting close process. Preparation of financial statements, footnotes, and disclosures as well as information related to annual report disclosures. Participation in new business initiative assessment process with an emphasis on determining any impacts to the financial and regulatory reporting and booking framework. Ensure integrity of general ledger balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation activities.
- Assist with capital, balance sheet, and liquidity analysis related to the 2052a reporting, Liquidity Coverage Ratio and internal Liquidity Stress Test reporting. Determine business drivers behind changes in reported balances and communicate impact to constituents. Assist in the development of the Agency's enhanced capital analysis and stress testing capabilities. Develop and maintain tools/controls that will increase transparency into changes in reported balances and detect issues that require further review or escalation. Work closely with business partners, finance personnel and external auditors to describe key drivers of financial performance and fluctuations.
- Contributes to the overall success of Financial Statement Reporting for GBM U.S. Finance ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in financial reporting.
- Experience in regulatory reporting is a plus.
- Experience managing teams of at least 5+ people preferred.
- Strong knowledge in financial accounting (U.S. GAAP and IFRS regulations), regulatory and other complex accounting principles, P&L reconciliations, profitability analysis, and knowledge of financial and accounting models is required.
- Liquidity reporting and capital analysis experience including stress testing a plus.
- Track record in leading, developing and implementing transformation and change management projects.
- Skilled at implementing reporting with a system of internal controls.
- Experience in transitioning to new reporting platforms.
- The role requires knowledge and awareness of emerging financial reporting requirements impacting changes &/or enhancements to available data.
- This position requires a strong understanding of banking business; capital markets financial products and transaction mechanics.
- Excellent people skills and track record in talent development are required in order to foster a positive work environment that values teamwork and provides a productive, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all staff, and the ability to deliver results under tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and great benefits