- My client is a successful securities arm of an Investment Bank
- Opportunity for accountant to join a dynamic fun organisation
About Our Client
Securities arm of a leading Corporate and Investment Bank, with offices based in midtown Manhattan
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Preparing reconciliations and reporting to ensure accuracy of the financials.
- Preparing monthly financial statements, Head Office reporting, BHC reporting and other reports, as needed.
- Perform variance analysis and prepare commentary for significant movements in Balance Sheet and P&L.
- Perform balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis.
- Assist with complex financial analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of both internal and external financial reports.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc reports, forms and schedules to provide management and other stakeholders with financial information.
- Review and update existing policies and procedures and create new policies and procedures.
- Provide support for system enhancement or business projects.
- Assist senior staff in various other duties (i.e., tax, financial and regulatory reporting, and financial analysis).
- Confirm accuracy of any reports, forms, schedules and materials before submitting to reviewers.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards necessary for the completion of assigned tasks.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of the bank's business operations and operational workflows.
- Work with both internal and external audit on any requested info and support.
- Analyze processes and propose re-engineering opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
2-4 years of experience at another financial institution or audit firm or public firm
Excellent communication skills
Strong financial reporting experience
What's on Offer
Attractive base and bonus
Hybrid work schedule
Opportunity to work with a talented friendly accounting team and work closely with the controller and CFO
Excellent career progression in this team