Food Production Supervisor
MUST LIVE LOCALLY IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
MUST HAVE PRIOR FOOD PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
About Our Client
Our client is a successful Food Manufacturer.
- Monitor production flow and product flow to enhance productivity, cost/waste control, and maximization of labor efficiencies
- Maintains records for tracking batches. Tracks productivity for production employees in the Hot and Cold Pack department while meeting and exceeding efficiency standards.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Oversee economic and operating performance
- Set short and long term goals and provide timely corrective actions for significant deviations from the plan
- Continuously evaluate and measure current performance against budget and forecasts shared as a group in weekly meetings
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing plans and policies that guide the organization to maintain and improve its operations
- Develop and implement capital spending plans that meet the ongoing needs for facilities equipment and productivity improvements
- Guide key functional managers with regard to quality, safety, security, labor reporting, training, staffing, and employee relations
- Ensure the optimal use of human, technical, financial, and material resources in achieving company goals
- Provide clear communication with workforce and external interfaces; ensure departmental work methods are compatible with company standards and customer requirements
- Cooperates with the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Departments to insure compliance with all quality SOP's. Supports the Quality and technical departments with any audits, be they GMP Certifications, Organic Certifications, or Audits by Government Regulatory Agencies.
- Ensure the compliance of safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, health, environmental, and quality guidelines as outlined in the business plan and as required by regulations and customer requirements
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant supervisor experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to build, develop, and maintain strong cross-functional teams.
- Advanced presentation, great communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented business manager.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge in new technologies to improve productivity.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- 401k w/ match