- Commodities Trading Company
- Sponsorship Available
About Our Client
Privately held global merchant firm that is involved in commodity trading and is active in a wide spectrum of global energy markets.
The main responsibilities are:
- Work directly with Commercial Trading teams to reengineer & optimize trading processes and models.
- Develop cloud-native solutions to promote integration within the framework of a Firmwide Front Office IT platform including the use of analytical and visualization tools.
- Partner with Data Science team to create next-generation analytic tools including machine-learning driven platforms and code sets.
- Develop software to support commercial activity including supply & demand, positions, and market data analysis.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The main qualifications are:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 3+ years of prior professional programming experience (is preferred)
- Advanced Python or Java experience
- Working knowledge working with cloud-based technologies (AWS)
- Working knowledge in Unix and Windows environments
- Intermediate or higher knowledge of SQL technologies
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide range of users ranging from very technical to non-technical.
- Results-oriented team player, with the ability to handle a rapidly changing set of projects and priorities while maintaining a strong professional presence.
- Strong analytical skillset with demonstrated attention to detail.
What's on Offer
- Sponsorship Available and H1B Transfers
- Base Salary starting at $150k
- Mendical, Dental, Vision, PTO
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition assistance & reimbursement
- Employee discount program, including access to fitness facilities