- FinTech Investment Platform, Competitive compensation, Hyper-Growth team
- Excellent Culture, Flexible Remote Work Opportunities, strong base + bonus comp.
About Our Client
Our client is building the first truly open marketplace for alternative investments, where financial advisors and asset managers engage and transact directly on a massive scale. The client provides financial advisors with a broad selection of alternative investment strategies, including hedge funds, private equity, private credit, real estate, digital assets, and structured notes; thus, allowing them to capitalize on opportunities and/or withstand ever-changing markets. Additionally, they provide an industry leading learning system, that helps advisors learn faster, remember longer, and improve client outcomes.
- Support team with onboarding new products through structuring, creation of operating models, and launches
- Proceduralize onboarding, analyses, and maintenance processes for hedge fund and private equity feeder funds
- Prepare and present revenue and expense analysis to senior management
- Examine vendor's accounting, tax, and audit services for each fund including the review of monthly, quarterly, and annual valuations as well as financial reporting
- Review each funds' principal documents, assessing accounting complexities around fund terms, managing credit lines, developing/enhancing/instituting operating procedures for products
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly files for internal and external client reporting
- Ensure data integrity for all standardized and customizable reporting
- Lead audits of feeder funds and coordinate tax filings and tax reporting to investors
- Ease error rates and mitigate risk through the adoption of appropriate controls, process documentation, cross training, and process improvement
- Support the internal teams with client inquiries regarding funds' performances, investors' capital account balances, capital calls, and distributions
- Liaise and develop relationships with custodians, third party administrators, and other vendors
- Liaise with administrators for trade flow and NAV reconciliation
- Opportunities to take on strategic-oriented projects and additional responsibilities based on capacity, skill, and interest
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 3-5 years of fund accounting experience at a fund, fund admin, or public accounting firm required
- Private equity (preferred), hedge fund or hybrid fund experience a must, funds of funds, registered fund or interval fund experience is a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related discipline preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM programs, preferably Salesforce
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal; ability to "manage up"
- Ability to independently execute instructions with great attention to detail and consistently high-quality work product; excellent organizational skills
- Experience and aptitude in cross-functional collaboration
- Experience coordinating multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits leadership qualities and takes ownership of projects and deliverables
What's on Offer
Highly competitive compensation
Opportunity to join a well recognized fintech platform and broker dealer in the middle of an incredible growth cycle.
Tremendous internal growth opportunities and career advancement, remote friendly