- Our client is offering a cell phone allowance, car allowance, bonus structure
- Opportunity to work for reliable and leading general contractor
About Our Client
Our client is located on the south side of Chicago and has a solid 15+ track record years of quality performance. They are Chicago's leading diversity general contractor and have a reputation for strong work, reliability, and efficiency. Last year their company brought in around $80M worth of revenue and are anticipating much more in the next years. They were voted one of the top general contractors to work for in Chicago as they did not have any layoffs due to COVID. In fact they even hired additionally people during the pandemic.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the entire scope of work, including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal and other requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors and manage on-site production.
- Prepare and maintain a three-week look-ahead schedule for all activities on the job site; submit to Project Manager and/or Prime contractor weekly.
- Facilitate company safety program (job site safety inspections, weekly safety meetings, etc.).
- Maintain daily reports to submit to Project Manager and or Prime contractor daily.
- Review and adhere to project schedule.
- Maintain project photos of all phases and features of work.
- Maintain entire job site in neat and orderly manner. Assure good housekeeping practices are employed in all areas.
- Manage quality control by confirming that all equipment and material installed is what was submitted by subcontractor.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience in construction for a general contractor
- Overseen projects from inception to completion (or looking to do this quickly)
- Eager attitude with high energy and looking to grow a career
- The ability to guide, direct and coordinate the work of multiple activities at the same time
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan projects and jobs, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Must be a dynamic individual who is client-oriented while keeping the Company's interests in mind
What's on Offer
- Salaries open dependent on experience - up to $130K
- Bonus potential (company and individual performance)
- Car or car allowance
- 401k Match
- Excellent healthcare
- Flexible working environment
- Growth opportunity
- Standard PTO and sick days
- 8-9 holidays