- Fast growing National Real Estate Investment Firm
- Looking to add a General Counsel to their team
About Our Client
My client is an innovative and dynamic Real Estate Investment Firm - focused on the Single Family Rental space. With investments in over 3,000 homes in six core markets, the firm has created a strong foundation for continuous growth and expansion. Currently, they are opening a new office in Tampa, FL and looking to add a General Counsel to their North American team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the General Counsel will be responsible for overseeing all legal matters of the business, including acting as the business' legal representative.
The General Counsel also be responsible for the following:
- Point person for drafting Joint Venture terms with investors, developers and home builders
- Handle the drafting for all financing documents
- When outside counsel is engaged, the GC will be responsible for reviewing, providing feedback and ultimately determining the firm's interests within agreements
- Work hand in hand with outside counsel on on both JV and finance documents
- Serve as point person for NDAs, LOIs, PSAs
- Support reviewing and drafting documentation for potential public offerings (debt securitization or REIT filings)
The Successful Applicant
In General Counsel candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Law Degree
- Bar Admission in U.S (Florida Bar Admission is a plus, but not required)
- 5+ years as a corporate lawyer
- Experience in Corporate Real Estate Law required
- Experience in Finance, M&A Law preferred (in addition to Real Estate exp.)
- Must have keen business sense and understand not only the legal implications but also the business implications of contracts and agreements
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity to join a growing team as the Head of Legal (General Counsel).
Competitive base salary + bonus, healthcare benefits, hybrid work schedule available