General Counsel - Renewable Tax Equity
General Counsel for Private Equity - Fully invested in Renewable Energy.
Transactional Lawyer with Tax Equity Expertise & Power Experience.
About Our Client
My client is a Private Equity, with a global presence, that have focused on Infrastructure and Renewable Energy for many years.
Decades of industrial experience in new asset development, construction and operations. Assets in renewables spanning wind, solar, hydro, biomass, methane recovery and battery storage.
Over US$8 billion equity invested in more than 20GW of power generation.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The General Counsel - Renewable Tax Equity will -
- Ideally be a Power Markets/Transactional Lawyer in Power/IPP/Renewables with at least 10 years experience in the industry.
- Looking for someone that will get their hands dirty, not just manage external counsel. I need someone that will be doing the work.
- Some Compliance/SEC/Regulatory responsibilities to support the Head of Compliance in Europe, on some basic compliance requirements.
- Exposed to fund raising and fund formation but this is a lesser time allocation.
- Will work with all portfolio companies, supporting their transactional execution, reportion, and compliance functions.
The Successful Applicant
The right General Counsel - Renewable Tax Equity will -
- Have a background in Power Markets &/Or Transactional Law.
- Renewables experience/knowledge is preferred, and Tax Equity expertise is mandatory.
- Industry experience in the above would be valued over Private Equity sector experience, but in a perfect world I'll take both.
- Has to be from Power, can't come from O&G, needs to know the Power/Utility language.
- Looking for someone that might be sat at Asst. GC and is looking for a step up, having done most of the leg work.
- Someone that can hit the ground running, doesn't need to be taught about power markets and transactions.
- Culture is exceptionally important to this company. Not looking to add egos, looking for someone that's focused on driving the group forward and willing to help develop colleagues and pick up things when they can help.
What's on Offer
Exceptionally competitive base Salary.Full health care benefits paid 100%
Bonus structure as well as carried interest.