Global Procurement Director - Grand Rapids Area
Highly visible global role within a rapidly growing company.
Must be willing to relocate to the Grands Rapids area
About Our Client
Our client for the Sr. Manager/Director of Procurement is a Global Automotive Tier 1 Supplier. This organization has 15 manufacturing facilities globally and has experienced significant growth over the past several years and is looking to continue their strategic growth with their OEM customer base. Looking for a high potential future leader to help strengthen their procurement strategy and execution.
- Manage global purchasing strategies
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve cost savings while maintaining quality and supply volume
- Utilize analysis to support the business and make recommendations for the department
- Prepare reporting as needed
- Set the strategy for price negotiations, lead complex and critical negotiations and deliver improved performance at lower costs to the organization through supplier management, strategic sourcing, commodity management, and total cost principals.
- Support internal and external customers
- Communicate, monitor, and aggressively manage organization compliance with the sourcing strategy.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, Supply Chain preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in procurement within automotive and/or manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years management experience highly preferred
- Global experience required
- Indirect or direct procurement experience - either is acceptable
- Expert knowledge in procurement and supplier manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to work with global teams efficiently
- Ability to travel as needed domestic and global - 25-30%
What's on Offer
Base salary $125,000 - $155,000, bonus, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays, etc.