- Top ENR Chicago based firm
- Will hire from around the country (will be flown home bi-weekly)
About Our Client
This construction firm, based in the Chicagoland area, is looking to surpass $800M in work in 2021, with a strong pipeline ready to go for 2022 as well. This company has offices across the country, and they are looking to hire strong Superintendents. They are a very reputable company who take pride in their work and their people.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Lead projects as the lead Superintendent from $15M - $200M in size depending on the location and scope of the work.
- Responsible for including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal and other requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors and manage on-site production.
- Prepare and maintain a look-ahead schedule for all activities on the job site; submit to Project Manager and/or Prime contractor weekly.
- Facilitate company safety program (job site safety inspections, weekly safety meetings, etc.) for other field workers or Superintendents that could be on the job.
- Maintain daily reports to submit to Project Manager and or Prime contractor daily.
- In charge of the entire job site and making sure to keep things moving in an orderly manner. Assure good housekeeping practices are employed in all areas.
- Manage quality control by confirming that all equipment and material installed is what was submitted by subcontractor.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience working as a Superintendent at a construction general contractor
- Bachelor's Degree OR Construction Certifications
- Experience leading ground-up construction projects
- Managing a large team or experience with training other Superintendents is a plus
- OSHA certification
- Attention to detail
- Tech-savvy is a plus (experience with Procore, Blue Beam, etc.)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Relationship builder - being able to manage subcontractors, other field workers, etc.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Strong per diem for travel
- PTO - 15 days minimum (depending on your level)
- Multiple paid holidays
- 75-100% Paid Medical Benefits
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Car allowance/paid car
- Gas/expense card for local or national travel
- Flights paid for to come home every 2 weeks