Head of Financial Control
Top Hedge Fund
About Our Client
Our client is a top hedge fund located in CT.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Design, assess, implement and monitor a robust Risk and Control Framework, governance and methodology that is inclusive of reporting, operational and compliance risk.
- Develop and maintain policies and standards for risk management.
- Coordinate with process owners in performing risk assessment and reviews.
- Lead, document and report on risk assessment of the business processes in respect of materiality & tolerances misstatements in financial reporting, including establishment of risk ratings for use in department and enterprise reporting
- Provide consultation and support to process owners to scope, design, and implement controls to address key risks and ensure design adequacy and operating effectiveness of financial controls
- Develop and implement the controls testing process, including conducting reviews and testing of controls compliance by process owners along with monitoring and overseeing the remediation of deficiencies identified
- Track and monitor risk issues and decisions for the finance department and provide periodic reporting to senior management
- Develop and deliver training and training materials for business process owners to build knowledge and understanding of their role in risk management
- Work closely with stakeholders and Business Process engineers to evolve the uniformity and automation of controls across the department through efficient use of financial systems and innovative technology to enhance and continuously improve the design and effectiveness of controls, including efficiencies in documentation, assessment, and testing of controls
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure the design and effectiveness of the controls is understood and tested (as necessary) and the resolution of any audit findings
- Stay current on industry best practices and latest thinking regarding processes, risk management and controls
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 10+ working experience
- Auditing experience in a national public firm - Big 4 preferred
- Understanding of accounting and financial operations processes
- Experience in assessing and monitoring controls of outsourced service provider
- Experience in Service Now, GRC tool or similar tool a plus
- Assertive, clear and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative & conflict resolution skill.
- Ability to effectively design and present information to senior management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Agility and ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
What's on Offer
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to grow the team