- Role can be based anywhere along the East Coast, from home.
- EQUITY AVAILABLE
About Our Client
My client is an interesting mix between software/ AI and drug development and discovery. They provide software that reduces risk, increases success, and expedites drug development and discovery across the globe. They aspire to be pioneers in their field to innovate and deliver solutions to top industry experts
They have partnered exclusively with Michael Page Boston to secure their next Head of Intellectual Property, at Director level.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Head of Intellectual Property include the following:
- Be responsible of developing and managing the overall intellectual property strategy
- Protect the firm's interests in intellectual property with providing primary and comprehensive support for products and technologies by providing advice and managing the Intellectual Property portfolio for those areas
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and outside counsel when necessary to identify, develop and defend new patentable intellectual property, including assisting in filing and prosecuting patent applications in the geographic locations as requested and preparing arguments in response to office actions, as well as supporting diligence and licensing activities.
- Provide guidance to senior management on business transactions and licensing that involves intellectual property; including ability to prepare and freedom-to-operate opinions in collaboration with outside counsel.
- Work with R&D to assess patentability of new inventions and draft and review related invention disclosures.
- Review and prepare freedom-to-operate opinions, infringement and validity analyses, in collaboration with outside counsel when necessary, in relation to new product ideas and development opportunities.
- Advise senior management on any new laws, regulations or statutes affecting the Company's intellectual property.
- Provide periodic training to Company employees regarding the protection of intellectual property.
- Prepare and review the Intellectual Property related budget and manage expenses to budget.
- Conduct patent clearance reporting and other organizational tasks such as preparing perfection certificates, powers of attorney and acquiring references, etc.
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours of application!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Masters degree in life - science discipline (biology, chemistry, medical sciences, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering or medicine.)
- Ph.D. (preferred but not essential)
- 5+ years' experience managing the preparation and prosecution of patent applications and the conduction of patentability and freedom-to-operate searches in-house at a biotech or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Experience with chemistry composition of matter patents
- Some experience with AI patents (strongly preferred)
What's on Offer
- $200,000 to $ 240,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Generous equity component
- Competitive benefits package