Head of Operations & Procurement
Exciting Leadership opportunity
Organization experiencing exciting growth
About Our Client
International, market leading supplier of home appliance and interior products to the wholesale and retail sectors.
- Lead procurement initiatives for the group across: vendor identification, capability assessment and selection, negotiation of vendor terms/ conditions/ agreements/ contracts, new item sourcing (finished goods and raw materials), new item specifications, pricing negotiations/ cost management, cost savings initiatives, execution /tracking of purchase orders.
- Effectively leverage total spend across multiple commodities whenever possible in order to deliver maximum cost savings and generate value.
- Implementation of progressive sourcing strategies that deliver cost efficiencies, supply reliability and quality in the procurement of contract manufacturing services.
- Develop a strong working relationship with internal and external teams to create a collaborative environment that supports the business strategy, tactics and timelines.
- Work closely with Sales & Operations teams to ensure proper flow of materials/ products to meet customer requirements while maintaining appropriate levels of inventory.
- Manage and develop team of direct reports proactively through hiring, training, mentoring and providing effective leadership.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' procurement / materials management experience within the furnishing, home appliance or retail sector.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with a track record of building teams.
- High proficiency in negotiation, process experience, skills and tactics.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects concurrently.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Computer proficiency on all MS Office applications with high proficiency in Excel.
What's on Offer
Excellent base salary and benefits package.