- Project manager role with 100% local projects and dynamic growth opportunity
- $90k-$120k salary with competitive benefits and family culture.
About Our Client
Our client has been in business over 50 years. They are a well known and respected General Contractor in the commercial and medical markets. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work on high value high profile projects in Metro Detroit. They are looking for a Healthcare Construction Project Manager who is eager to lead and advance within their company.
The Healthcare Construction Project Manager is responsible for:
- the satisfactory performance of all staff assigned to achieve project budget, schedule, and profitability goals
- He or she leads the purchasing effort, administers trade contracts, conducts all project meetings, and prepares all project reports.
- The PM is the Owner's single point of contact for all business issues and contractual requirements.
- The PM coordinates closely with the Project Superintendent, and typically reports to an Operations Group Project Executive or Vice President.
- He or she rotate their time between the office and field, visiting their projects several times weekly.
- The PM provides exceptional customer service to colleagues in the office and field, owners, owner's representatives, architects, engineers, subcontractors, regulatory officials and other project stakeholders.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Healthcare Construction Project Manager candidate will have:
- Holds at least a four-year engineering or construction related degree.
- Has at least five (5) years of engineering, or project superintendence experience with increasing responsibility and construction values approaching $10 million or more.
- Has a portfolio of completed projects where he or she can demonstrate previous success in delivering projects on time, within budget, safely, to the highest standards of craft quality, and profitably.
- Holds engineering certifications, such EI or PE, and industry certifications resulting from memberships in organizations like OSHA, USGBC, CMAA, or ASHE.
- Has mastered the ability to read and understand construction documents including project plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the values and ethics that differentiate in the competitive marketplace.
- Possesses an appreciation of the value of building a professional network of industry and community relationships that will help learn about future project opportunities, and a commitment to playing an active role in securing future business.
- Possesses advanced competency in business writing and public presentation skills, and is motivated to become a compelling presenter, motivator, and team leader.
- Demonstrates a commitment to creatively engage and lead in program development and initiatives that develop the group and benefit the company.
What's on Offer
What is on offer to the Healthcare Construction Project Manager candidate is:
- Competitive base salary ranging from $90,000 - $120,000 base salary dependent on applicant experience
- Bonuses ranging from 10% - 30% of candidate base salary
- Employer provided 401k with match
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Emphasis on work life balance and flexible hours
- Paths to senior leadership available
- Diverse portfolio of projects throughout Southeast Michigan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave