Heavy Civil Construction Estimator
Dynamic construction estimator role with high growth potential.
$80k-$120k salary with competitive benefits and high bonus potential
About Our Client
My client is an established Civil General Contractor that oversees the construction of eathwork/underground utility contractor other large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Thoroughly investigates the specifications, scope of work and drawings for his/her portion of a bid and develops a complete understanding of the requirements.
- Accurately and timely performs takeoffs and calculations and analyzes data.
- Conducts field visits to gather relevant data on project site conditions verify production rates and learn new construction techniques. Adjusts bid methods and incorporates this information accordingly during the bidding process.
- Negotiates the best deal for cost, quality, and delivery using the company buyout procedure.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the contract documents and the potential risks for a project. Makes well-supported recommendations on how to mitigate and price risks.
- Interfaces extensively with the Contracts department to address any risks or issues with the contract.
- Helps develop pricing strategies.
- Coordinate with Business Development, Engineering and Operations teams to get bid priced and submitted on time.
- Drafts proposals per RFP specifications with detailed pricing and clarifications.
The Successful Applicant
- 6+ years of civil estimating experience on large scale projects
- Thorough knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), plan and spec reading.
- Experience in Primavera, HCSS, On Screen Takeoff (OST) and AGTEK would be advantageous.
- Excellent at multitasking. This position requires working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Outstanding communication and people skills. Solicits subcontractors and vendors as needed.
What's on Offer
- Strong Base Salary
- Bonus Structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits