High Rise Construction Superintendent
Local General Contractor
Multiple High Rise Projects
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leading, top commercial General Contractor / Construction Management firm with a large presences in the Miami area. With a strong pipeline of future work, they are looking for a lead superintendent to join the team. There are multiple on going projects with interior projects, as well as new high rise projects breaking ground in the coming months.
- Experience working with high rise / multifamily projects is a must
- Strong knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing, and subcontractor scheduling.
- Work closely with Preconstruction team during the preparation of estimates, buyout regarding methods, systems, and scheduling.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project, including large team of sub contracotrs
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document on site activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and on site manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional on site working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
The Successful Applicant
- BA or BS degree preferred, but not required
- At least 8 years of previous commercial construction experience strongly preferred, with a large commercial general contractor
- Thorough knowledge of reading & interpreting blueprints preferred.
- Must have understanding of the technical aspects of construction.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & deadlines.
What's on Offer
- Experience working on a diverse portfolio of large commercial / multifamily projects
- Very competitive salaries, car allowance and massive bonus potential
- Strong reputation in the Miami area
- Opportunity to work with an established team