Well known Non Profit organisation
Is looking for a Housing Coordinator to join the team
About Our Client
A well known, growing Non Profit organization. Their number 1 mission is to reduce homelessness in NYC, and help those most vulnerable.
The role will involve:
- Demonstrate ability to understand housing subsidies and provides families with guidance and support with the application process.
- Cultivates relationships and develops new linkages with real estate rental brokers and landlords to ensure families have access to current information and housing resources. Maintain an active roster of real estate brokers and landlords.
- Liaises with brokers and landlords to ensure that potential housing meets the requirements for client readiness and act as an expediter as needed.
- Coordinates Housing Fairs and participates in networking events.
- Coordinate and facilitate housing workshops which address client's issues and needs; provide information and resources to families during the different phases of their housing search.
- Arranges apartment viewings and interviews with landlords. Provide escort to apartment viewings as required and assists with housing applications.
- Tracks all referrals and provide on-going follow up to clients and feedback to sources and leads.
- Collaborates with Case Managers and clients in developing permanent housing strategies.
- Collaborates with Case Managers in advocating for eligible families to obtain Supportive Housing.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Bachelor's degree highly desired with 2 years relevant work experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of NY City housing market, housing subsidies and supportive housing programs
- Must have the ability to network and build strong collaborative relationships with brokers and landlords
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must exercise good judgment and have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be detailed orientated and demonstrate an ability to multi task and meet multiple demands and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid computer skills, knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
What's on Offer
A competitive salary