Houston Project Architect
Opportunity to work with an award winning Design Build Firm
Competitive Compensation Package
About Our Client
Fully integrated commercial design design build firm: Design, Construction, and Remodel of corporate buildings, churches, restaurants, k-12, and civic buildings
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Function as the primary coordinator of all communications between the client and costumer ensuring timely resolution of client concerns and management of business issues including contracts and additional services.
- Have direct responsibility for the design process from conceptual phase, translating client requirements through construction administration and ensuring the design intent is consistent and properly executed through project completion.
- Be responsible for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of the project and for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team and to insure compliance with the project team's goals.
- Prepare drawings for schematic design, design development, and contract documents including details, sections, elevations, and schedules.
- Perform site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight.
- Manage the project team, keeping everyone on task and on time.
- Coordinate consultants, subcontractors, and vendor assignments; ensuring that construction details documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Participate in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
The Successful Applicant
- A Professional Degree in Architecture
- 5-10 years experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, graphic design, and 3D modeling visualization software.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Experience and knowledge of all phases and aspects of project design and construction documentation production.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions.
- Ability to lead and manage Architectural associates.
What's on Offer
The opportunity to work with an award winning design build firm in Houston. Our client is offering a competitive base salary, 401k, and full benefits.