HR Generalist/Office Manager
Career growth and competitive salary
Work for a growing Consumer Goods company in White Plains, NY
About Our Client
Growing Consumer Goods organization in White Plains, NY is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join their team.
- Benefits. Helps administer the health and welfare plans, including processing enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions. Reviews benefits statements
- Customer Service. Performs customer service functions by assisting employees, handling requests and questions. Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- I-9 Forms and Background Checks. Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests for background checks.
- Data Audit. Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR documentation as needed.
- Terminations. Coordinates the termination process. Handles all scheduling and paperwork.
- Performance Reviews. Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Recruiting. Assists with recruitment and interview process. Reviews resumes. Handles all interview scheduling. Tracks status of candidates and handles candidate communication.
- Administrative Support. Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions. Personnel File Maintenance.
- New Employee Onboarding. Assists with new-employee onboarding. Handles all scheduling and materials preparation.
- Verification of Employment. Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Projects. Assists the manager with HR projects.
- PTO. Records all PTO, Vacation and Sick Time for employees. Provides employees with updates. Support initiatives to move to ADP Time and Attendance for PTO records.
- Company Events. Key member of the team planning and executing company events such as Happy Hours, Family Day and Holiday Events.
- Organizational Charts and Contact List. Updates and maintains organizational charts and contact lists.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Handles overflow and backup for other office administrative professionals.
The Successful Applicant
- Associate degree in HR-related field required (Bachelor's preferred) or equivalent HR experience
- 1 to 3 years' related administrative experience
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Team Player with a positive attitude willing to support HR and Company initiatives.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be able to consistently maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Continually able to review and improve processes and procedures to fully support a growing, dynamic organization.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package