- High-visibility strategic role owning the HR function
- Growing, recession proof industry
About Our Client
Our client is an evolved market leader in the industrial manufacturing industry. They are prized for their quality, customer service and on time delivery. They have been fostering a culture of inclusivness for many years which is a huge part of their growing success. With locations all across the country this recession proof industry and company has not stopped growing. This HR Manager will be a key role for the organization with a voice reporting to the head of the location.
The HR Manager is responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice, at the manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, terminations, performance management, payroll, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
- Implement and administer employee policies
- Take a leadership role in organizational design, transformation, and change management
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Support the HR department in implementing retention programs to help improve the employee experience
- Offer proactive recruiting assistance
- Maintain ongoing relationships with employment agencies to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures
- Train and provide support to HR team members in the field
- Prepare and maintain employment, pay and benefit records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves or promotions.
- Manage temporary labor needs
- Collect and input information for payroll, benefit enrollment and HRIS activities
- Act as a coach and confidant
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years' experience in HR
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes, including AAP & utilizing ATS
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Experience within a manufacturing facility
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive compensation, benefits and work culture.
This role will sit on site