- Hybrid Role - Based in New York
- Contracted Role covering an employee on leave
About Our Client
Our client is a is a leading youth development and family service agency that serves over 18,000 program participants a year. We give vulnerable youth in New York City the opportunity to take ownership of their future, making a difference today and for the next generation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program and support departments as the direct point of contact for assigned programs
- Provide administrative and project support to the Human Resources Department
- Manage and respond to general requests and inquires. Including managing employee inquiries and communication submitted via email and the HR Hotline
- Assist candidates through their on boarding process, which includes: creating offer letters, sending on boarding paperwork, collecting and completing I9 documentation, and responding to general inquiries.
- Process transactions in icims and ADP, including: new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations. Work with the payroll department to submit documentation by the payroll deadline.
- Process benefits-related transactions including enrollments, changes, terminations and COBRA. When transactions are performed by staff members, provide guidance as needed.
- Process all leaves of absence (Worker's Compensation, FMLA, short term disability and PFL). This includes advising and guiding employees throughout their leave, communicating with managers, collecting return to work clearance letters and responding to inquiries from external leave management agencies
- Assist with preparing monthly clearance reports and maintaining various funder and/or government clearance databases, as needed
- Assist with Medicaid Managed Care compliance and reporting, as needed
- Assist with responding to unemployment claims
- Provide data entry support and report generation
- Assist with planning and coordinating HR events
- Assist at New Hire Orientation and New Staff Training
- Perform other duties as assigned
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required plus one to two years' experience working in a HR department with generalist duties.
- Must have attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Must be proficient in business software, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and ADP Workforce Now.
- Experience working with iCims (ATS) software a plus
- Capability to transition easily between working independently with high degree of self-initiative and contributing as part of a team.
- Able to use public transportation throughout New York City for travel to organization locations.
What's on Offer
- Flexible work environment
- Hybrid work schedule - Mondays Wednesdays, and every other Friday in office.
- Competitive hourly rate and health and commuter benefits accessible on day 1