- Hybrid Role - Based in New York
- 1-2 days in office
About Our Client
Reputable Public Radio company, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Very well established and recognized Radio / media company with an impeccable portfolio spread across the United States
- Partner with group leadership in setting business strategy, providing a people perspective; translate business requirements into HR priorities, solutions, actions, and results
- Consult, advise, coach, and influence group leadership regarding organizational, leadership, management, talent, development, communication, employee relations, culture, change, etc. decisions/actions, opportunities/challenges, etc.
- Drive change to maximum individual and team effectiveness; provide guidance to leaders, managers, and employees on employee engagement, communication, and relations
- Ensure organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of people, processes, structure, and culture with business strategies
- Implement and manage HR solutions, programs, and services, including organizational design, leadership/talent management and development, performance management, employee relations, compensation, rewards, talent acquisition, and workforce planning
- Provide performance, development, and compensation guidance to managers, including coaching, counseling, corrective actions, development plans, promotions, pay decisions, etc.
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to identify talent requirements based on organizational needs and assess candidates for organization fit
- Partner with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team to develop strategies to diversify our sources of talent and also ensure equitable and inclusive hiring and other HR practices
- Analyzes HR data, trends, and metrics to identify opportunities and work with leadership, HR, and other business teams to develop solutions, programs, and practices to address
- Maintain and apply in-depth knowledge of employment practices and legal requirements, work with managers to minimize legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Draft organization-wide staff welcome emails on a weekly basis
- Coordinate logistics for various employee training's including tracking and logging completion and arranging training dates and logistics
- Facilitate hybrid networking events for NYPR interns. Coordinate with internal event speakers and send reminder communications as needed.
- Assist with planning and execution of on-site culture-building events (happy hours, holiday parties).
- Partner with Benefits team to plan and execute periodic Wellness Events
Support the HR Ops and benefit team (who will take the lead on the below items) with:
- August & December Pulse Checks via Culture Amp
- All-Staff agendas + TGS/Zoom logistics
- Coordinate End-Of-Year cash gifts for Employee Anniversaries & Employee Value Awards
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong consult and coaching skills, successfully partnering with business leaders to drive individual, team, and organizational performance
- Ability to build strong, ongoing, impactful relationships at all organizational levels and lead inclusively across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational, and social backgrounds
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to quickly learn and understand the company, industry, market, customers, value proposition, performance drivers, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding and proven ability to address all people aspects of business strategy, goals, and plans, with demonstrated success in implementing and managing change
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, confident, persuasive presentation skills, organizational influence, and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic, systems thinking and complex problem-solving skills, with the ability to draw upon multiple resources in developing and implementing integrated solutions
- Ability to analyze information, derive insights, and make business-appropriate decision
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field, or equivalent; MBA or Master's degree in human resources field a plus
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, with recent experience in a strategic business partner/leadership role
- Experience in all HR functional areas, with a strong emphasis in talent management and development, employee/labor relations and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Change management/transformation experience a plus
- Experience at a non-profit, audio journalism or news media environment a plus
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive and desirable base salary
- Hybrid work schedule 1-2 days a week preferred
- Exposure and opportunity for growth within the radio / media production industry
- Medical and dental benefits provided from day 1
- 9 Month Maternity contract
- Well established organization, and elite in the Media industry in New York