- High-visibility strategic role owning the HR function
- Competitive Salary
About Our Client
Our client is a growing manufacturer supplying globally recognizable brands with a office in Chicago.This individual will be the leader for the site across all functions of HR overseeing 200+ employees. This HR Manager will be a key role with a voice reporting to the head of the location.
- Implement and administer employee policies
- Take a leadership role in organizational design, transformation, and change management
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Support the HR department in implementing retention programs to help improve the employee experience
- Offer proactive recruiting assistance
- Maintain ongoing relationships with employment agencies to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures
- Train and provide support to HR team members in the field
- Prepare and maintain employment, pay and benefit records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves or promotions.
- Manage temporary labor needs
- Collect and input information for payroll, benefit enrollment and HRIS activities
- Act as a coach and confidant
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years experience in HR
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Experience within a manufacturing facility
- Bachelor Degree or MBA is a plus
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $100,000-$130,000 depending on experience
- 401k plan
- Health, Vision, Dental and Commuter benefits
- Positive work culture