- High-visibility role, helping lead the Capital Project function
- Global, renowned brand within the Food and Bev space
About Our Client
Our client is a leader within Food and Bev space with revenues of over $10 billion and over 21,000 employees worldwide. They have 15+ locations across NA and there is a lot of green space for a sourcing professional to make this there own. Offering great benefits and culture this organization is looking to help change the world for the better. The Indirect Procurement Manager - CAPEX has great support from senior leadership with a number of high priority brownfield facility expansions planned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Capital Procurement Manager is responsible for leading/ support the strategy, hold suppliers/ vendors and contractors accountable and maintain project timelines and budgets. The position will lead and develop teams to create and execute strategies to help facility their aggressive growth.
- Develop and execute the strategy that is aligned with company priorities and meets the needs of a quickly growing, capital-intensive manufacturing start-up
- Direct procurement associated with capital projects, primarily new greenfield or brownfield food manufacturing assets, from initial project inception to final implementation
- Source and qualify vendors for new facility build-out, including engineering firms, general contractors, technology integrators, equipment suppliers, and other partners as needed
- Ensures strong customer satisfaction and operational performance through sourcing, procurement, planning, working capital performance and the purchase of quality materials at a competitive price.
- Be responsible for supplier selection, evaluation, relationships, performance, and continuous improvement.
- Lead a team of employees through effective hiring, orientating, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Understand and apply best practices in strategic sourcing to leverage consolidated purchasing power to deliver the best possible values in the marketplace.
- Analyze trends to proactively identify supply issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and create plans to minimize enterprise supply risk.
- Develop and manage annual materials spend and departmental operating budget. Including forecasting and understanding commodity pricing changes.
- Provide deep functional and technical procurement expertise across various categories and regions of the world
- Direct procurement associated with operating expenses of manufacturing facilities, including feedstock and chemical purchasing, process consumables, and other necessities to support operation and maintenance. This should include the strategic development of long-term relationships and contracts with vendors.
- Work with the internal legal team to develop and negotiate Master Service Agreements (MSA's) with key suppliers/vendors which can be leveraged across the enterprise.
- Manage purchase requisitions/orders and ensure company compliance in order to accurately track spend commitments.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports and demand forecasts and adjust sourcing strategy as required to support the needs of the company.
- Review supplier financial statements/reports and work with Risk Management to evaluate overall supplier health (supplier risk assessment). Develop back up plans for all key vendors.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required; Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or related field
- Masters is a plus. Professional Certification (CPM, CSPM)
- Minimum 3 years within Capital Expenditure
- strategic sourcing and category management experience including all phases of strategic sourcing and category strategies, supplier relationship management, project management etc.
- Track record of success in capital project execution from a commercial standpoint
- Experience managing new construction projects, sticking to budget and timelines.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence senior management through effective communication and presentation skills and persuasive positioning
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills to manage relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, global team environment
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and advanced powerpoint skill is required
What's on Offer
- Ability to join a company with aggressive growth trajectory
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Full benefits, great work environment and vacation
- Hybrid Work Environment
- 15-20% travel