- High-visibility role working with global cross-functional teams- decentralized!
- Global conglomerate within a stable and growing industry segment
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturer in Chicago's Western suburbs. With over 50 years in business and nearly 30,000 employees, this company offers opportunities for growth and development both at the corporate level as well as the individual operating companies across the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Indirect Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Downtown - Hybrid will be responsible for:
- Develop & implement procurement strategies based on the needs of the business
- Identify cost savings opportunities and manages cost reduction activities to achieve annual cost reduction goal
- Analyze spend, market position, & other factors to optimize company performance & efficiency
- Source new vendors & periodically inspect/visit them
- Lead cross-functional team(s) in the identification of alternative product/suppliers, facilitates qualification trials, and conduct supplier management to drive continuous improvement
- Establish & maintain relationships with vendors
The Successful Applicant
- BS/BA degree is required in applicable discipline
- 3+ years of experience in strategic sourcing/procurement
- Experience within indirect procurement
- Strong background in supplier management, category strategy development/execution, and contract negotiations
- Thorough knowledge of global sourcing strategies
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strategic business initiative
What's on Offer
Highly competitive compensation $85,000 - $105,000 + bonus and some of the best benefits on the market.