Industrial Estimator - Houston/Relocation
Working for a reputable general contractor here in Houston
Pipeline of Houston based Industrial Projects
About Our Client
- Established General Contractor with a strong focus Texas Projects: with 5 offices and 600 employees
- Employee owned
- Annual Revenue of $750M+
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Act as an Estimate Team Leader on various projects, thus coordinating the total estimating effort relevant to particular project proposals as assigned.
- Review proposal contract, specifications, drawings, attend pre-proposal meetings, etc., to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimate by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing quantity takeoffs for assigned proposals.
- Lead and coordinate subcontractor and supplier outreach efforts.
- Coordinate with Marketing personnel regarding technical aspects/requirements of assigned estimates.
- Schedule, lead, and actively participate in pre-proposal meetings, bid strategy, and presentation meetings as required.
- Coordinate with the Regional Scheduling Manager or his assigned representative to ensure that General Conditions and proposed project time line meet the schedule requirements.
- Assist Project Team in evaluating submitted proposals during project buyout and contracting phase.
- Prepare for, and participate in, project "Handoff" meetings from Estimating to Operations.
The Successful Applicant
- College degree preferred in architecture/engineering/construction or related industry.
- Experience producing effective cost estimates and budgets for commercial buildings in an operational industrial environment.
- Blast resistant, hardening, or structural experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Capable of completing on screen take-offs using On-Center or Bluebeam.
- Familiar with Timberline
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Health Benefits, 401k PTO