- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Excellent career growth
About Our Client
A Chicagoland General Contractor who has been around for over 100 years and specializes in interiors construction. Their projects consist of corporate interiors projects as well as building services construction. They perform work for private and public corporations, property management firms, industrial facilities, educational institutions, and healthcare facilities. They are seeking a Senior Estimator to take over for someone who is retiring.
- Prepare conceptual budgets, SD/DD/CD estimates and lump sum bids in association with the assigned Project Manager.
- Conduct quantity take-off and studies for all items incorporated in the project, anticipating details necessary to complete the project.
- Read, understand and incorporate project documents, drawings and specifications.
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Provide value engineering consulting through design development as required.
- Price out and summarize estimates. Include scope of work detail by trade and/ or system.
- Conduct pre-bid project walk-throughs. Represent the company in all interpersonal and communications with Owner, Architect, Building Engineer and Subcontractors during bid process.
- Interface with subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate proposals relative to the scope of the work.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 4-year college degree in engineering or construction management is desirable.
- 5-10 years of estimating experience, preferably in the interiors space. Additional field experience and project engineering is desirable.
- Experienced and proficient in On-Screen Take-Off and Timberline estimating software is preferable but not mandatory assuming candidate has experience in similar applications.
- Proficient in MS Excel, FTP site, document distribution, storage and records management.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus potential based on individual and company performance
- Potential opportunity for profit sharing
- Standard holidays and PTO
- 401K match
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- Growth opportunity