Internal Audit Manager - Wholesale Banking
One of the largest international banks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest international banks.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Reviews and approves auditor's workpapers covering all phases of an audit engagement
- Drafts audit findings report and recommends corrective actions to the auditees
- Negotiates with auditees to agree on the audit findings and corresponding management action plan
- Drafts final audit reports reporting to Senior Management
- Follows up monthly on management action plans to ensure adequate remediation of audit issues
- Manages the monthly audit issue validation project for the team
- Reviews and approves audit issue validation report
- Verifies issue closures based on control design, operating effectiveness, and sustainability
- Facilitate and communicate requests for information between internal audit provider and departments/teams and routinely monitor the timeliness of material submission.
- Provide audit status updates to IAB, executive management, and related authorities including regulators, specialized committees of the Branch.
- Other tasks or projects assigned without and conflict of interests for such independent function.
The Successful Applicant
Required Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience with aspects of internal audit or internal control practice
- Working experience related to financial industry is a must
- Independent worker, accountable and skilled in exercising sound judgment and decisiveness under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, team-working and organizational communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other business oriented field (including Information Technology) is required.
- At least 5 years of related audit experience in financial services: including knowledge of regulatory rules and the programs used to comply with key risk management requirements
- Prior experience in risk management, operations, audit or management consulting, preferably in a financial institution environment
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Great team to work with