Internal Controls Lead
Opportunity to be part of a professional and high performing team
Competitive base salary
About Our Client
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Works with business partners to proactively identify and assess emerging risk and control issues as well as developing, monitoring and updating the status of remediation plans.
- Actively evaluates out of period adjustments, control failures, Global Internal Audit & Assurance (GIA) Department observations, and SOX deficiency reporting from the local markets.
- Reviews the region's expenditures monitoring expectations.
- Oversees the regional market's financial, operation and fraud risk assessments.
- Monitors dashboarding to ensure that exceptions are analyzed promptly and for trends and leading indicators of risk.
- Provides investigative support under Compliance & Ethics and the Director's supervision on an ad hoc basis
- Provide framework and governance that may include work instructions, training, day-to-day responses to inquiries and support of local market BCFs activities, and as other risks arise.
The Successful Applicant
- 5-7 years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Experience with operational audits, assessments, investigations, internal controls and/or SOX compliance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Understanding of US GAAP and internal controls
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to work autonomously and successfully manage multiple projects
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus potential
- Competitive PTO policy
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other benefits included