- Drive trade and investment attraction activities for New South Wales
- Targets local and global businesses in the Us to drive investment for NSW
About Our Client
Our client is a government agency.
Primary purpose of the role
Based in New York, NY in the United States, the positions of NSW Investment Director require individuals who can identify and capture opportunities to develop foreign direct investment into NSW. These are new roles and there are two vacancies. Each role will have specific priority sectors to focus on securing foreign direct investment in:
- Investment Director focussed on technology, including services
- Investment Director focussed on medtech and life sciences
These positions will require the development and maintenance of extensive networks with companies in the focus sectors in the US and NSW. The job holders will support the conversion of investment commercial outcomes that create jobs in NSW. The job holders will:
- Promote NSW's trade and investment opportunities and incentives
- Build and maintain bilateral relationships with US city, state and federal governments, as well as business and ecosystem leaders
- Partner key stakeholders to profile NSW at priority US events
- Targets local and global businesses to drive investment
- Provides rapid responses to business needs
- Acts as a single point of accountability and central agency for the private sector
- Markets Sydney and NSW on the world stage as a destination for tourism, major events, business investment, international study and global talent
- Helps Australian businesses to scale up and go global for maximum jobs growth
- Identify post and regional trends, assess their impact on investment opportunities and provide insight into the development of opportunities for NSW
- Strengthen existing relationships and create new connections with key in-market business decision makers that already have significant investments or trade agreements in NSW, or those planning to make investments in NSW's priority sectors
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Business development or experience in investment attraction
- Experience working in or with the technology and services or medtech and life sciences sectors
- Familiarity with the New York and the US Mid-Atlantic and New England regions
- Working strategically and in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated commercial acumen
- Detailed knowledge of investment
- Demonstrated cross-cultural written and verbal communication skills to accurately report progress and performance
- An understanding of government and the credibility to contribute substantially to international trade, investment and higher education activities
- Market research and conducting market analysis including the use of software and surveys
- Familiarity and comfort with social media technology and platforms
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, generous benefits.
Long Term Employment.