- Assist in building out the internal IT audit team
- Flexible work environment, allowing 3 days work from home
About Our Client
Our client is a national veterinary network of over 425 hospitals with an unwavering commitment to pets in every community they serve. Their 400+ General Practice, Specialty, and Equine hospitals offer the compassionate care every animal deserves. They are a trusted veterinary practice partner supporting the success of local hospitals.
* Collaborate with the Director, Internal Controls during all phases of the audit to ensure quality work products and timely completion.
* Review of operational, financial, and technology processes to provide management with an individual assessment of IT risk, internal control, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process.
* Develop and execute risk-based audit plans for all phases of the IT audit process including planning, fieldwork, wrap-up, reporting, and follow-up.
* Assist with the development of a sustainable internal control evaluation framework in preparation for a SOX 404 readiness assessment.
* Identify, document and test application and general computer controls that support the company's internal controls over financial reporting.
* Track the status of process and control gaps identified and the related remediation activities.
* Develop and maintain working papers to support and substantiate audit observations.
* Participate in special projects such as risk assessments, providing assistance to external auditors, system implementations and other projects as needed.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, Computer Science and other relevant degree desired.
* Minimum 5 years of prior relevant IT audit experience, including experience managing SOX and Internal IT audits in a public company (public accounting experience is a plus)
* ACL, Tableau or other data analytics tools preferred
* Solid understanding of internal auditing standards, ICFR, COSO, COBIT and risk assessment practices.
* Professional certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA, CRISC, CFE, etc.).
* Strong accounting, auditing, project management, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently with limited required direction and guidance
What's on Offer
- Competitve base salary
- Help build a team