Global financial services firm
Headquartered in the United States
About Our Client
Well-known, global financial services firm with a great name in the market.
- Evaluate key risks of the assigned department or functional area and analyze design and operating effectiveness of systems of internal controls
- Evaluate processes throughout audit to ensure scope is appropriate and risk environment identified is accurate; communicate potential variances to plan to engagement leadership
- Accurately document the results of process walkthroughs in audit working papers and prepare work papers that clearly articulate the risk and control points of each assigned objective
- Work with In-Charge/Lead Auditor and client to determine the controls that are key to mitigating significant risks of the client's business operations; assist in designing control tests to determine the operating effectiveness of identified controls
- Execute on control tests by reviewing transactions, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness of identified controls
- Act as Lead or In-Charge Auditor on assigned engagements
- Develops a work program based on a risk analysis that incorporates audit risk assessment results, including the key business objectives and risks.
- Counsels and guides assigned auditors/analysts to ensure approved project objectives are met.
- Establish and maintain good client relations during audit engagement
- Conduct effective interviews with process management and operational staff in obtaining an understanding of control environment.
- Present audit issues to business leaders and functional management, communicating the issue elements with clarity and accuracy.
- Work with management to follow up on all audit issues, ensuring complete and timely disposition.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree; Computer Science, Information Systems preferred
- 3+ years of related experience
- CIA, CPA or CISA preferred
- Can identify and use analysis techniques that quickly identify process gaps and can identify tactics that can be immediately applied to improve the business processes.
- Competent knowledge of operations, procedures and policies of assigned business units.
- Familiarity with securities industry preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and can apply major control frameworks (COSO, Cobit, and related).
- Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and written) with professionalism and possess solid presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, teamwork, and flexibility to assist department in meeting organizational goals.
What's on Offer
You will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledgebase and build relationships with senior and c-level professionals throughout the business.