IT Strategic Sourcing Analyst
About Our Client
This is a business services company in Boston, MA
IT Strategic Sourcing Analyst is responsible for:
This is an entry point into the Sourcing Team supporting IT category management efforts. Progressing towards the goal of serving as a procurement IT subject matter expert.
- Collaborating with business unit leadership to develop annual category management plans that include an annual sourcing calendar, a supply market overview, summary of business needs and cost drivers, and current supply-base overview (complete with listing of expiring agreements and plan of action).
- Engaging with IT Services leadership as well as broader business unit leadership to help manage IT related spend in a continuously changing environment.
- Working on large, complex sourcing and negotiation efforts as part of the category management plan, leveraging e-procurement tools as applicable.Leading and managing sourcing teams, including multiple business units and other PCM resources.
- Manage RFI/RFP development, utilizing standards, as appropriate, while allowing for flexibility in addressing customer requirements.
- Manage the summary and analysis of responses to RFIs/RFPs.
- Meeting annual category management objectives and targets related to spend under management, spend under contract, spend through approved buying channels, savings and other efficiencies.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, developing spend analytics, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Leading reporting efforts (spend, category, compliance, etc.) as required by the PCM department and by business clients.
- Staying current with IT industry trends such as core function outsourcing (on-shore/off-shore), cloud environment solutions, telecommunication developments, enterprise resource planning software, industry consolidation/merger risks, etc.
- Participate in software, hardware and services analysis and selection.
- Provide industry perspective on shortlisted vendors.
- Demonstrating a solutions-based, customer service mindset with the ability to lead and influence business stakeholders toward PCM's preferred methods for achieving common objectives.
- Possessing strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Ensuring the procure-to-pay process for the category is compliant and in-line with service levels.
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate for this role will possess a college degree, with an MBA preferred, and 1 or more years of relevant procurement experience.
- They must understand category management concepts and frameworks.
- Experience negotiating with major IT providers such as Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Deloitte, etc. is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of IT professional services, software licensing, hardware and maintenance buying strategies.
- Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills and comfort with data manipulation and analysis.
What's on Offer
Work in downtown Boston, MA for a well known top 10 firm.