JAPANESE SPEAKING ACCOUNTANT
Japanese Speaking Accountant role at a globally recognized biotech company
Located in a brand new building in Midtown East
About Our Client
- My client is a Japanese biotechnology company that is recognized amongst the 50 largest in the world by revenue.
- Performs Accounting Functions expense budgets; by comparing actual expenses to budget allocation and informing Staff of any disparities; by troubleshooting accounting issues and resolving discrepancies; and by performing other accounting functions as necessary by reviewing and approving weekly accounts payable information; by performing ACH and wire transfers; by reviewing expense reports and monthly Amex Expense Sheet and maintaining the data for expense budgets; by analyzing expense accounts and preparing
- Perform Monthly, Quarterly and Year End Closings and Prepare and Submit Quarterly Reports by performing closing procedures and generating reports as necessary; by preparing bank reconciliation; by entering journal entries into accounting software; by reconciling general ledger accounts, including cash balance, accounts payable and inventory; by resolving account discrepancies; by tracking employee expense reports; by preparing monthly cash flow data, and by creating quarterly reports for the parent company, including related companies' purchases, sales, and ending balances for A/P, A/R and inventory, fixed asset information, etc. and entering the data online.
- Prepares and Processes Tax Documents and Other Accounting Documentation by preparing documents for the annual review requested by the auditor; by assisting auditors as necessary; and by preparing the necessary documentation needed for the processing of corporation tax.
- Assist CFO by assisting with the supervision and training of Accounting Staff; by providing monthly expense analysis of sales and marketing staff for Sales-VP; by participating in trainings/meetings; and by performing other tasks as directed by Management.
- Process Monthly Sales Report and other reports
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance; and more than three years related experiences and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Contributes to Team Effort by being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other staff as needed; by taking initiative; by being cooperative; and by furnishing support to newcomers in the department.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge by attending educational workshops, seminars, meetings, and tradeshows; by reviewing professional industry publications and internal reports; and by establishing personal networks.
- Seeks Continual Improvement by listening to feedback given by peers, supervisors, and customers and using it to improve performance; and by examining departmental work processes, administrative procedures, etc., and recommending changes where appropriate.
- Improves Corporate Image by maintaining a consistent corporate image throughout all products, events, promotions, and contact with customers and clients; and by developing and maintaining professional networks.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary/benefits package
- Great location (2 blocks from Grand Central Station)
- Employee discounts on products (supplements, nutritional drinks, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals)