NYC based Commercial General Contractor seeking great Jr. Estimators
Must have commercial construction estimating experience
About Our Client
Our client is a very reputable NYC based Commerical Construction Management firm and General Contractor. They specialize in large scale commercial construction projects across NYC.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Estimate construction costs for Commercial Projects.
- Review proposal specifications and architectural and engineering drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Produce construction budgets based on schematic drawings, site walk through or construction documents for property managers, real estate developers or construction managers
- Responsible for developing and writing proposals with detailed qualifications and cost breakdowns
- Solicit subcontractor bids for assigned projects.
- Attend Walk-Thru to check Field Condition & Prepare a Better Estimates
- Manage multiple simultaneous estimation projects with consistent on-time delivery
- Prepare Submittal logs and manage submittal process
The Successful Applicant
- Four-year degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in Estimating, Purchasing, or Quantity Surveying
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and meet them
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications
- Computer Systems: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), On-Screen Take Off (preferred but not required), and Procore (preferred but not required)
What's on Offer
- Competitve base salary
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Benefits
- Bonus Structure