- Well known pharmaceutical business based in Somerset, NJ
- Are looking for a Junior Accountant to join the team
About Our Client
A well known pharma business going through a period of growth
The role will involve:
- Month end accounting and reporting responsibilities include but not limited to journal entries, variance analysis and assisting with preparation of the financial reporting packages.
- Reconcile bank accounts for several legal entities as part of the month end close and communicate any discrepancies to Treasury and Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for preparing monthly account reconciliations process and ensuring they meet SOX requirements.
- Assist in pulling accounting documentation requested to support various audits, tax and special projects such as accounts payable data entry automation.
- Provide timely communication with Accounting and FP&A team when helping to solve accounting-related problems.
- Assist Accounts Payable as needed in entering invoices into SAP and preparing supplier account reconciliations.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as requested.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting is required. CPA is a plus.
- 3 years of experience in Accounting or Auditing. Experience in biopharmaceutical and/or medical devices industry is preferred.
- Strong skills in using Excel is required
- Experience in SAP is required
- Fundamental understanding of Accounting and General Ledger
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Strength in communicating and working independently and effectively with broad stakeholders
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills for risk identification and management
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package