Junior Estimator - Light Industrial Construction
Strong benefits and competitive compensation package
Stable company with exciting pipeline of upcoming projects
About Our Client
My client is a national leader in the new construction of Warehousing & Distribution, Cold Storage & Food Processing and Industrial & Manufacturing facilities throughout the country. Their success goes hand in hand with their team's ongoing commitment to each client by working in tandem with them to take their vision and make it a reality.
My client takes pride in the fact that their employees are treated like family. They invest time into each employee by providing new opportunities for growth based on his or her individual career goals.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Work closely with our Estimators to determine scope of work, establish the overall budget and monitor the project to ensure client satisfaction.
- Aid in establishing scope of work and obtain/review competitive bids
- Prepare estimates conceptually utilizing general ideas and plans established by owner
- Establish good working relationships with owner and subcontractors
- Resolve cost discrepancies throughout the project
- Maintain subcontractor/supplier bid lists
- Prepare status reports for team members and owner
The Successful Applicant
- 1-3 years of experience preparing estimates/budgets for large Industrial Design Build projects containing multiple disciplines of work with little supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management
- Computer literate using Microsoft Project or similar program, Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen eye for detail when reviewing and interpreting blue prints
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $70,000-$90,000 depending on experience
- Opportunity to get fully involved in the progressive plan this company has undertaken
- Full health insurance package, plus PTO, paid holidays, 401k match, and profit sharing plan
- Flexible work hours
- An incredible culture, and a collaborative, helpful team
- Opportunity for quick advancement internally
- Unique opportunity to help grow a division of an established organization