- Exceptional Bonus and Benefits
- Focus on E-Mobility applications
About Our Client
Our client for the Key Account Manager Business Development - Automotive opportunity is with a global manufacturer of highly engineered high-performance plastics, polymers, and advanced materials and composites serving customers Automotive OEMs and Tier suppliers. These products are used in various applications drivetrain, electrical, fuel systems, transmission, and more including E-Mobility applications for electric vehicles.
The Key Account Manager Business Development - Automotive will be responsible for business development and account management for a defined set of OEM and Tier customers. This person will look to identify and develop new application opportunities with new customers, as well as driving business and growth with current existing customers. The Key Account Manager Business Development - Automotive be the CEO of these accounts and managing the customer relationships, drive business development and product innovation, as well as account management being the main point of contact. This person will have a heavy focus on developing new business within e-mobility applications.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Find out customers' future and current technical needs and provide value-added solutions.
- Met sales and development targets forecasted aligning with financial objectives
- Lead new developing programs by providing technical intelligence for e-mobility applications
- Maintain and enhance existing business relationship through and develop new business with OEMs and Tier customers
- Contribute to the Technical Solution process which consists of Initial technical promotion, finding and understanding customer needs, registration of the products and support for approval and certification at customer.
- Develops in conjunction with the Marketing Department, customer targets and their applications for development.
- Review efforts, measuring and monitoring progress at accounts, balancing time and resources spent versus potential to be obtained in sales dollars.
- Identify, investigate and follow up on qualified leads and develop business for potential customers in key market segments
- Communicate with Technical solution network for technical investigations and research, to request technical certification documents and share technical development status of global key customers.
- Work with design, production and quality assurance teams of the customer
- Plan and execute regular customer visits to existing and potential customers to identify and manage needs and expectations
- Stay abreast of market trends, competitor activities, and developing innovations
- Develop, negotiate, and monitor contracts and pricing strategy for new and existing business opportunities
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred (Chemical, Chemistry, Materials Science, Plastics, Polymers)
- Strong knowledge of polymers, plastics, resins, composites, thermoplastics, specialty chemicals
- 5-15 years of proven sales experience within automotive and transportation
- Nimble and strong ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to educate customers on technical and commercial topics in a convincing way
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal, and ability to lead a team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge
- Results driven, highly organized, calm in stressful situations and ability to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to travel 25% including some international
What's on Offer
Strong base salary $130,000 - $165,000, bonus 28% at plan (uncapped - lowest payout in 2021 was 30%), company car, credit card, computer, phone, flexible office schedule, 401K match (100% match up to 5%, if you put in 6% company will contribute 9%), excellent benefits, Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts, life insurance, vacation, and more.
*Company car - 2 options. Car allowance of $600 per month, OR company car fleet vehicle. If you choose a fleet company car, the car will be a hybrid or EV. A charger will be installed at your home to charge the vehicle paid for by the company. In addition, the electricity used to charge the vehicle will be tracked wirelessly and documented as an expense and reimbursed during monthly expenses.Automotive, product, development, technical, service, molding, engineer, plastics, polymers, resins, chemical, tier, OEM, account, management, program, chemical, mechanical, engineering, TPE, materials, nylons, vinyl, emobility, e-mobility, EV, electrification, electric, vehicle,