KYC CDD Team Lead
Opportunity to work for a foreign bank
Opportunity to grow skillsets within career
About Our Client
Our client is a mid size, foreign bank, headquartered here in NYC.
- Manage, mentor, and lead a Team of 4 CDD analysts.
- Supervise KYC refresh and CDD review.
- Conduct research from internal and external sources to obtain most current information on existing customers including relationship hierarchy structure, industry codes, Tax ID, etc.
- Maintain detailed tracking of customers files for modification.
- Present complex issues in simple and straightforward manner to internal clients.
- Escalate issues to Front Office and/or management to internal clients.
- Prioritize urgent and sensitive requests accordingly.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for core internal bank system and department procedures.
- Work with 1st LOD teams to obtain necessary documentation for account opening.
- Verify and document account opening and tax documentation. Ensure all documents are collected, verified and stored, and provide status back to the client.
- Perform client documentation searches across internal and external sited and compile client profiles.
- Understand customers regarding the latest status and current onboarding actions.
- Participate in initiative to improve the client and account management process.
- Maintain MIS on end to end process for tracking turnaround times of deliverables from team and other processing areas.
- Support ad hoc projects.
- Collecting files or data asked by IM, or third parties.
- Handle RMA reviews.
- Dormant account reactivation processes.
- Ensure that documentation meets internal policy and guidelines on customer data.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced Degree preferred.
- Prior experience with a large financial institution, 5-10 years' experience ideal.
- Relevant industry qualifications in Anti-Money Laundering (ACAMS) preferred (Current/ past or currently studying).
- In-Depth knowledge of common money laundering methods and trends.
- Strong analytical, research and investigative skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus
Full Medical Benefits
Opportunity for career growth