- Leadership Opportunity
About Our Client
We are transforming an industry and actively seeking talented professionals with diverse backgrounds like you. Our Client recognizes and values each other's differences as well as our combined strengths. We cultivate a work environment that supports creative thinking, inspires the formation of new ideas, encourages communication with all levels of the organization, and promotes contribution and ownership.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Lead and own complex technical initiatives. Set a vision and future direction of a team with impact across multiple related teams within tech. It lends itself more to design than implementation/project execution.
- Prototype and introduce new technology; set design patterns for development teams.
- Providing technical guidance, participating in design and code review.
- Full Stack web / service development going across front and back ends, including integration.
- Building responsive front ends.
- Building backend applications and APIs.
- Leading projects as necessary, mentoring other engineers.
- Participate in, and sometimes coordinate, the agile delivery process.
- Adhering to security and secure development practices.
- Querying and constructing SQL databases (we actively use Postgres).
- Designing and writing automated tests for code.
- Utilizing Git for version control.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of professional experience using the following technologies:
- o Front-End: React, Redux, NPM, Bootstrap, Yarn, LESS/SASS
- o Back-End: Django, Django ORM, Jinja templates
- - APIs: Django REST Framework, Flask, Fast API
- Experience performance tuning databases and Django ORM commands
- The ability to dig deep and problem solve in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong communication skills to work through problems and solutions with our business teams.
- Experience working with microservice, RESTful or event-driven architectures.
- Practical knowledge of software patterns and best practices (SOLID, YAGNI, SRP, 12FA, etc.).
- A passion for continuous learning and a desire to keep up with technology trends.Experience working in Agile environments (SaFe, Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Experience using Docker to build, test, and deploy applications to the cloud (we actively use AWS).
- Experience working with open source and contributing to one or more active projects
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Linux
What's on Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
- 401K Plan
- Paid Leave (vacation, sick time, and company holidays)
- Professional growth & career longevity