Lead Superintendent - Life Science / Manufacturing Construction
Top 400 ENR GC with expanding life science and pharma team
Relatively new office and team with great promotional opportunities
About Our Client
Michael Page has been retained by a national construction management firm with a storied history in the Southeast construction market. With an established presence in Raleigh-Durham, the office builds predominantly in the Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, and general Life Science markets in the RTP and surrounding area, with work typically $20M - $40M range but have built $100M projects. Since the business has focused on its core markets, they have proven market stability during the recent economic fluctuations. The business is seeking a Senior Superintendent with a track record in life science construction to join the team and report into the Director of Operations.
Please apply below now for immediate consideration or contact Harry directly at 617-824-2662.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Reporting into the Director of Operations, the Project Superintendent - Life Science / Manufacturing Construction will be responsible for the following:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries. Manage the site through completion.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues.
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Superintendent - Life Science / Manufacturing Construction will have the following attributes:
- 10+ years as a Superintendent for a general contractor
- Proven project experience in the Pharma or biotech markets of $20M+
- Comfortable leading projects and managing a large project team including other Superintendents, interfacing with owners as needed
- Bachelors Degree preferred but not required
- Strong oral communication and written skills
- Proficiency in software Viewpoint, BIM, Prolog, etc. is a plus
- OSHA 30 Hr Certification required
- local to Raleigh Durham, although candidates who are relocating will be considered
What's on Offer
The successful Project Superintendent - Life Science / Manufacturing Construction will receive:
- Base salary commensurate with experience, ranging $100,000-$125,000
- Full benefits package complete with Health, Vision, Dental insurance, 401k match
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Yearly bonus based on individual and project team performance
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and market leader!