- Employee-centric culture
- Significant growth opportunities
About Our Client
My client is a well established manufacturer in automotive space with multiple locations around the US. They have long standing relationships with some of the larger OEMs in the automotive world and have experience growth in recent years. They are heavily focused on investing in technology and have state of the art equipment all across the plant.
- Build out cross functional continuous improvement team
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater value; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
- Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvement.
- Implement a formal continuous improvement program that focuses on reducing process waste.
- Design and build robust processes for new products
- Lead cross functional DFM studies
- Train, coach and motivate personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Drive the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or equivalent education
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher , preferred
- Demonstrated experience in Lean Techniques
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing operations
- Ability to use project management tools, MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Mini-tab in order to efficiently handle the workflow and transactions generated.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Lean Six Sigma (LSS), 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary, up to $120,000 based on experience
- Quarterly bonus, circa 5%
- 15 Days of PTO, 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision through Aetna
- LT & ST Disability plus other supplemental benefits
- 4% 401k Match
- Ability to grow out CI team