Legal Administrative Assistant
Located in Long Island
Room for Grow
About Our Client
The client is national law firm with an office located in Uniondale. They are a friendly and positive office and are looking for someone to join their team.
- Respond to a high volume of phone calls on multiple lines; communicate with external and internal parties professionally; transmit messages accurately and promptly.
- Maintain calendars and schedule court appointments, meetings, and conference calls.
- Transcribe and type correspondence, memorandum and other legal documents such as RJIs, deposition transcripts, briefs, affidavits, legal backs, etc.; proofread and ensure quality of legal documents.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including FedEx and certified mail.
- Coordinate appearance dates and filings with local, state, federal, and appellate courts and agencies.
- Manage docketing and e-filing using electronic filings systems like NYSCEF and ECF.
- Coordinate copying and messenger services for the prompt production and delivery of documents.
- Process check requests and expense reimbursements.
- Open new matters with the Records department.
- Maintain and update files; process files as needed for records storage and retrieval.
- Input attorney time entries as needed
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Other administrative tasks as requested by attorneys and office manager.
- Understands and complies with all applicable Firm policies, procedures and philosophies.
The Successful Applicant
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years' experience as an administrative assistant in a law firm or legal environment.
- Superb organizational skills for prioritizing workload and managing competing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, and the aptitude for learning new technologies and programs.
- Ability to quickly absorb, understand, analyze, and utilize new information.
- A positive, professional, cooperative, and flexible attitude.
- Exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, ownership, and pride in work.
What's on Offer
- Early offs