- Position could be permanent based off of skillset and experience
- Hybrid role in Washington, D.C. at small sized law firm
About Our Client
This law firm has been around for over 50 years with practice areas as follows:
- Insurance Recovery
- 9-11 Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust and Unfair Competition
- Banking and Lending
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Construction and Real Estate
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate and Securities
- Corporate Tax
- Cyber Insurance Recovery
- COVID Task Group
- Employment and Labor Law
- Environmental Law
- Estates, Trusts, Tax Services
- Health Reform
- Intellectual Property
- Technology, Media and Distributed Systems
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- You will be supporting one Equity Partner in DC, one Partner in DC and one Shareholder in LA
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings/calls/Zooms and travel for three busy attorneys.
- Generate and proofread legal correspondence.
- Prepare retention letters; Onboard new clients; Run conflicts.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of bills issued to clients.
- In cases where Partners / Shareholders send out bills directly, make certain all communications are filed appropriately to keep a "paper trail".
- File documents and correspondence in accordance with Firm guidelines in iManage or on a shared drive where all key people have access.
- Enter billable time for attorneys by the weekly deadline in accordance with Firm policies.
- Handle busy travel arrangements
- Timely create and submit expenses / reimbursements to Accounts Payable; Follow up with AP if payments have not been issued.
- Work closely with attorneys to understand their specific needs
- Routinely update attorneys contacts.
The Successful Applicant
- 2-7 years of experience working in the legal field
- Legal background and experience is REQUIRED
- Collaborates with and mutually supports the Legal Assistant who supports the Managing Partner of the DC office.
- Is responsive and communicative
- Can juggle various tasks simultaneously, efficiently and accurately.
- Has an amazing attention to detail, is confident and professional
- May have an interest in technology/blockchain/cryptocurrency.
- Will be a highly motivated team player in the DC office and with the attorneys he/she supports
- Wants to be part of a collaborative team whose members enjoy working with each other and the internal / external clients that they support.
- Can positively contribute to the professional and collegiate environment in which they work.
- Strives to develop their professional skills and advance their own career.
- Fosters an inclusive and diverse environment in which unique characteristics are valued
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Efficient and reliable
- Possess a "can do" attitude and maintain a positive team player mentality.
- Able to deliver a high standard of customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff, and team members regarding commitments, deadlines, challenges, requests, etc.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with vendors.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid potential after training in office
- D.C. location
- Opportunity to join a firm with a great company culture and collaborative welcoming team