Legal Contracts Analyst
Be responsible for contract review and compliance for the Americas operations
High exposure to the executive team and strategic clients
About Our Client
Our client is an international engineering group, with global operations and large contracts across industries (not exclusive to O&G).
Responsible for reviewing contracts to identify detailed risk analysis of legal contractual obligations by completing a comprehensive review of each agreement for potential liabilities including thorough consideration of indemnification, insurance, warranties; as well as advising the business to optimize execution of contracts with customers and (sub)contractors in line with the law, commercial objectives, risk mitigation and by maintaining internal bidding policies and procedures.
- Review contracts to identify risks and to adequate it to company's policies and law, providing the correct wording;
- Give advice to Contracts Managers and Sales team to adequate the Contract to company policy's and the law;
- Evaluate existing insurance policies to determine if the levels of insurance required in the contract are adequate or not. Report to Global Insurance Department any deviation to our policy as necessary and seek advice/assistance and follow up;
- Negotiate legal clauses with client when needed;
- Draft agreements, as needed, ensuring that the contract terms and conditions are in compliance with our corporate requirements as well as the law.
- Team member work with others as necessary to complete expected outcomes in a positive manner.
- Timely and accurate responses;
- Organized and with ability to multi-task;
- Good communication with the team and willing to share knowledge with the colleagues proactively;
- Adapting and Responding to change;
- Communicate with Global Insurance Department in Europe or insurance broker as necessary to fulfil all aspects of duties as required in the Contract.
The Successful Applicant
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: 3-5 years of solid experience with Contracts review in the Oil and Gas Industry or similar (EPC or engineered services).
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects with a high degree of detail and organization.
- Extensive experience related to contracts, insurance, risk management.
Minimum Level of Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Law or Paralegal course
- Love the work
- Results count
- Perform as a team
- Take care
- Be responsible
- Respect - able to gain the respect of others and be respectful to others
- Integrity and Trust - Keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Peer Relationships - Find common ground to solve problems for the good of all, a cooperative and collaborative team member, and supportive of team members.
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to be in a regional role with direct report to the General Counsel.
This position has a very solid career growth in this organization.
If you live in the Southeast area of Houston, this is a very good long term career opportunity, working for on the best employers in the region.